Saturday, August 14, 2010

After 3 Weeks of Dieting--I'm Still Fat

Three weeks ago I was at the Laundromat and it hit me that my attitude needed to change from thinking dieting is hard to thinking dieting is easy. That 180 degree change of attitude has done wonders for my ability to stay on the right path when it comes to dieting, but I'm still fat. That's a bummer.

Isn't that the typical mindset. Year and years of overeating and for some reason we think that being disciplined for three weeks should turn it all around. Our perspectives are really screwed up when it comes to the time needed to solve a problem compared to the time involved in creating the problem.

Maybe in three months I'll notice a real difference. That's not much time compared to the years of overeating that got me in this predicament. Here's the catch though--three months is a very long time if you are telling yourself every day that dieting is hard. I couldn't last three months if every day felt like it was some sort of Herculean task to stay on track. I'm not sure if I could last three months if I was focused on how many calories I consumed each day.

That's been a big change. I could go back to let's say the previous day or maybe two days back and calculate my calories, but then it seems like I might start focusing on how little I'm eating. It's a lot easier going through the day eating small amounts when I'm hungry, knowing that this method is going to always keep me under 2,000 calories per day. It's really fairly simple and my guess is that my calorie count is averaging less than what I was eating during the successful diet of 2006. In three months, there will be a noticeable difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment