Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18, 2010--Down to 226 Pounds

I know, I know, I know. The rules of the diet are that you don't weigh except on the first of the month. That might as well be the former rules of the diet since it gets broken so often.

My reason for weighing this morning was to see if my weight truly has broken free from that 228 pound plateau. I think it has as long as I don't go on an eating frenzy. Knowing that progress is being made will made it easier to really stick to less eating this Wednesday. Not that I'm going to skip the gathering with the guys, but I'll eat a little less during the day and probably will eat very little or nothing after get back from the Ole Tavern. Staying under 2,000 calories is easy with a little planning.

With today's weigh-in, I'm down 3 pounds in August. Some people would find that pace of loss too slow, but about a pound a week is really a decent rate. Plus, my progress has been slowed by the big loss at the end of July and lack of exercise. Walking in the afternoon is something that will really jumpstart my weight loss, but it's so dang hot still and we have those big rains in the afternoon. Things will be much better in a month and maybe we'll start seeing weight losses closer to 2 pounds per week.

Progress is being made and the dieting is still easy. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be at or below 175 pounds before this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment