Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Don't Put a Gift Horse in Your Mouth

My weight dropped a pound to 231 yesterday despite me putting everything except a gift horse in my mouth. Truthfully, there were efforts made to curb the eating, but there was also candy consumed and cookies sampled.

Part of the problem--outside of a tremendous lack of willpower--was being exhausted by 8:30 in the morning. I'm talking about that head drooping, eyes shutting type of exhaustion usually reserved for trying to drive at 2 a.m. on a long road trip. It is unlikely that I would have made it through the morning at work without an amble supply of sugar to give me a physical and/or mental lift.

There's no question that I'm overextending myself with a full-time job, three active blogs, the photography, and now a plan to start taking videos. The thing is, all of these extra things in my life are things that add extra to my life. I like the other two blogs and this one is a necessity as it forces me to at least think about dieting from day-to-day. I am obviously obsessed with the photography and the videos will simply be an extension of that obsession. As for the job, well there's no getting around the need for a paycheck and medical insurance, so work will be a part of my life for the foreseeable future.

A busy life is a given for my future. I'm going to have to find a way to diet while getting all of this other stuff done. It can be done and must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment