Friday, January 7, 2011

Running With Danger

The MS Blues Marathon is this weekend. A healthy thing for the runners, a dangerous time for me as a photographer. I was up at 4 this morning fixing photo CDs and DVDs for a few of the musical acts that are repeat performers from last year's event. That gets me well on the road to being exhausted sometime today and all of tomorrow. When I'm exhausted, food seems to be my solution for getting a little quick energy.

I'll be at the marathon expo most of today, primarily to photograph the musical acts. Then it's over to the War Memorial building for more music and to take photographs from 5 to either 7 or 8. The marathon starts at 7 on Saturday, so I'll have to be up by 5:30 at the latest. Then I'll be on my feet all morning getting photos. It's going to be very tough and maybe I will eat extra to keep going. My aim is to keep that extra to a minimum. Sometimes you just have to do the best you can with a situation. And who knows, I may be too busy to eat and this might turn out to be a good weekend for the diet.

Got to go. Need to shower before going to work for a few hours before going to the expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment