Thursday, January 13, 2011

Taking a Step Back

Make that taking several steps back. Things were going fairly well until I hit the Friday of the MS Blues Marathon. Whenever I take on a large photo project, it means hours out taking photos where I make food choices based on what is quick and convenient. Then I'm spending a lot of time sitting in front of a computer editing photos. Plus, I'm not getting enough sleep, so I'm tired most of the time, and grabbing a snack is the short term approach to keeping the energy up.

Along with all of those excuses or realities, maybe the biggest thing is that when I get busy on something else it becomes easy to lose focus on the goal of losing weight. In theory, that isn't very logical. Losing weight is mostly about doing less, namely eating less. That takes less time, not more, so it seems like a person could be as busy as a beaver and still stick to their dieting. Maybe not have time for walking or other forms of exercise, but they should certainly be able to continue to eat less.

Well, whatever the theory or reality, I have done very well from last Friday to this morning. My weight today was 233.5, not a disaster especially after a Wednesday night out with the guys, but it shows that no progress is being made. That's just not going to cut it. If my weight were 190 and no progress was being made towards 175, that would be one thing, but I'm 25 pounds into the obese category for a person of my height. Maintaining the status quo is not a very healthy option.

Got to go. Got to find more free time in my life or get my life back on a less hectic schedule. Mostly got to summon up some willpower that is strong enough to hold out during both the ups and downs of my life. In theory, I should be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment