Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28, 2011

Yesterday was a good day in an odd way. The calorie count was too high for a person trying to lose weight, but there's no doubt that I ate about 1,000 calories less than what would have been consumed normally. Cutting back 1,000 calories is a good thing even if there were still 500-1,000 calories that could have been trimmed from the day.

That's the thing--I don't have to be perfect, just do a lot better than what I've been doing. The good thing about performing poorly in the past is that there is a lot of room for improvement, therefore improvement is a very achievable goal. Today I'll be away from the house a lot, mostly hearing a bunch of bands playing at a local coffee shop. It could be a 4,000 calorie day or a 2,000 calorie day. The difference isn't going to be in how hungry I get, it will be in how much I resist the urge for mindless eating and drinking of items when there's no signal of hunger from the body. The purpose of doing a blog post is to make me think instead of doing mindless things, so hopefully this 5-10 minutes spent posting will save me at least another 1,000 calories today. That would be a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment